If you’ve ever had Bang Bang Shrimp, you’re familiar with the addicting sauce! Social media sure loves its cauliflower. First, it was riced, then it was buffalo and now it’s Bang Bang.
The idea for bang bang cauliflower is not a new one – While I’m not sure who originally came up with it I saw it first on Kirbie’s Cravings…and now I’m an addict.
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 2 large eggs whisked with 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups organic panko bread crumbs, or Chickpea crumbs for a healthier alternative
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, preferably without chili seeds
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, like sriracha
- 1/4 cup all-natural mayonnaise or dairy-free avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped, to garnish (optional)
- cayenne, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (we lined it with a cooling rack to maximize crispiness around all sides). You may need to use your fingers to press on the coating to help it to stick to the cauliflower bites. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes or until coating is dark golden brown and crunchy.
4. While cauliflower is cooking, make the bang bang sauce. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until uniform and no mayonnaise lumps remain.
5. Drizzle over finished cauliflower, reserving additional sauce for dipping. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or cayenne if desired.