These roasted cauliflower steaks become meltingly tender and the flavors in salsa verde go so well. It makes either a tasty side or a main in itself, that’s also so easy to make.
Cauliflower steaks with roasted red pepper & olive salsa
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 small stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup pitted manzanilla olives
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450˚. Cut the cauliflower in half through the core, place cut-side down and slice through the stem into long, 3/4-inch-thick florets. Gently toss the cauliflower and any leaves with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread out on the hot baking sheet and roast until browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the celery and toss with the vinegar in a medium bowl; let sit 5 minutes. Chop the roasted red peppers, olives and parsley and add to the celery along with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 pinches of salt and a few grinds of pepper; toss.