A Guide To The Best Mattresses Of 2018
- Jan 17 2018
- 0 Comment
What came first, the mattress or the good night’s sleep?
When you’re picking out a new mattress, making sure you’ve researched all of your options is key to finding the best one. Mattresses, like many other home purchases, are going to cost you a pretty penny, and even though more and more alternative brands are popping up on the market — going the least expensive route will probably cause you more pain and money in the long run.
Homebop reviewed over 100 mattresses by personally testing and going through thousands of verified customer reviews to bring you our 2018 best mattress guide.
Overview: It promises and delivers an innovative design with its dual firmness in a single mattress, as well as a unique copper-infused and THERMOgel technology to keep you cool and enable pressure relief.
- Being the first company to add copper in the memory foam, it takes advantage of the unique features of this material
- Layla offers two firmness levels in one model, choose between soft and firm.
- The cover is made with THERMOgel technology; this enables the bed to reach to body sweat and maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Layla is the best choice if you are a side sleeper and suffer from back or neck pain.
Its exclusive features focus on how it is the first brand to introduce dual copper-infused memory foam mattress.
Copper has many distinct qualities which will make your sleep as comfortable and restful as it gets: it facilitates pressure relief, reduces joint inflammation and stiffness overall. It also promotes blood circulation and provides a cool and relaxing feeling while you sleep. Mixing this with memory foam makes for a mattress that sets itself apart from the rest.
Overview: Avocado Gwen is the ultimate eco-friendly “green” option offering a set of unique features in one ecological mattress, combining the support and durability of springs with natural Dunlop latex.
- Avocado Gwen uses 100% natural materials from top to bottom
- It is expected that at 13 inches thick, it is highly durable compared to other brands
- The mattress provides 2 firmness options with the option of adding the pillow top
- Avocado Gwen sleeps very coolly, mainly due to the natural materials used throughout its layers
- It appears to be quite bouncy/resilient
Definitely an investment you will not lose out, the Avocado Gwen is ideal if you worry about health issues as well as the environmental footprint you leave.
This is made from 100% organic Dunlop latex. It consists of:
- 100% Pure Joma® New Zealand Wool
- 100% Recycled Steel Support Coils
- a GOTS certified organic cotton layer sheet with crafted button tufted
A highlight of Avocado Gwen is the 2” latex Euro-Style pillow. This is exactly what you need in terms of a balanced, soft yet supportive feeling sleeping surface which is sturdy and does not sink too much into the mattress. A highlight is how Gwen comes with heavy-duty handles so carrying it around should not be a concern.
This bed comes in medium firmness and includes the seal of approval as appropriate for back and spinal health.
Overview: Casper is perhaps the best known bed-in-a-box option with a latex over memory foam construction. Still, there are nowadays better options available delivering great value.
- Casper consists of three different layers of foam (premium latex, high-density memory foam and regular material)
- Casper performs really well at sleeping cool due to the latex foam on the top.
- It is no longer considered as the best mattress available since many other competitors set the bar much higher.
- Offers free express shipping.
Casper is a relatively new company launched in 2014 which has quickly become one of the most popular mattresses sold online.
Over the years it has been on the market, the creators of Casper have re-designed their mattress twice. Our review is based on the latest edition available in the market.
Casper is an all foam mattress designed to create a responsive, but contouring feels for sleepers by combining a response poly foam with memory foam.
You can buy the Casper Mattress here.
Overview: Aviya is a premium hybrid innerspring mattress which will not disappoint even the most demanding with its quality luxurious features and benefits, all at an incredibly reasonable cost.
- Aviya features extra 2 inches compared to industry standards so it adds in terms of durability
- Offers enhanced edge support with the 3 inches of foam added in the edges
- 3 firmness choices including innerspring to make it very responsive
- Sleeps extremely cool due to its 1” Cooling Comfort Foam.
- The high-density polyurethane foam provides exceptional comfort and added support
Aviya succeeds to bring together premium materials to provide the optimum comfort with its high-density foam and the pocketed innerspring coil system-engineered to offer the kind of edge support and appropriate lumbar alignment you need.
Choose between Firm, Luxury Firm, and Plush/Soft, with the supportive innerspring making it ideal for a variety of sleepers.
Fortunately, there is only a minimal smell in Aviya upon unpacking which quickly dissipates and is non-toxic. The environmentally friendly polyurethane foams as part of the manufacturing process ensure there are no harmful chemicals involved.
You can buy the Aviya Mattress here.
Overview: The Leesa memory foam mattress is definitely a worth mention on this list as its top-notch quality materials and design offer extreme comfort, support and restful and restorative sleep.
- Slightly firm which however can suit all sleeping positions
- Its most unique aspect in terms of construction is the Avena Foam®, which rates extremely high among users’ reviews as far as responsiveness and the support offered
- Leesa sports a versatile, stylish cover that comes in two designs – Classic Leesa and the Airlifting Limited Edition for an extra touch of style and design
The Leesa was manufactured with a focus to make sure this meets a wide variety of different requirements. Designed with 3 layers of foam, the Avena foam®, the memory foam, and the support layer- all consistent with eco-friendly standards and premium CertiPUR-US® certified – the intention is to keep your body cool and comfortable while offering pressure relief and compression support.
Unlike many brands nowadays, Leesa offers a single softness level which is medium firm. In this sense, Leesa is considered appropriate for the average sleeper and is not recommended for someone in need of an overly soft or overly firm model.
This leading model with the unique Avena foam® also featured in the Nolah, cradles, and contours the body without that “sinking” feeling other foams cause. In addition, it helps prevent shoulder pain or hip pain when sleeping.
Leesa will do a good job at sleeping cool, although there are other brands which perform better in terms of the cooling effect they produce. Nevertheless, Leesa does really well in terms of motion isolation, as it absorbs motion easily, making it ideal for couples.
Last but not least, a highlight with Leesa is the ‘iconic’ four striped coversavailable in two designs consisting of polyester-Lycra blend fabric. The cover is both cool and very soft to touch while it looks great.
Choosing the right mattress is to an extent a subjective process as it depends on varying factors which come down to individual preferences. There is no such thing as a brand that pleases everyone, all the time. Each kind of mattress has its pros and cons, and this makes some customers love them or hate them accordingly.
However, there are certain brands which distinguish themselves from other and tend to rate better than others, as they perform consistently better in factors like comfort, support, motion transfer, sleeping cool, durability, eco-friendly materials used, customer service, warranty, trial, and overall value for money.
Although usually, quality comes with a price, thankfully, you don’t have to pay tons of money to get a top quality choice nowadays. There are plenty of options available at a reasonable cost which will provide you the much-needed sleep you need to sustain a healthy lifestyle and relieve pain.
In this list, we took the time to review among the many mattresses available which are the best for each situation. Although you shouldn’t take it for granted, it is more likely that if you choose among these top 10 mattresses for 2018, you will end up with a choice that will last longer and offer extra support and added comfort, while accommodating for specific needs.
We want to see your new digs! Tag your new mattress photos at #Homebop via Instagram!