Summer is almost here, so it’s time to start considering freshening your décor up for the warmer weather. Whether you’re spending time indoors in the cool air conditioning, or outdoors in the hotter temperatures, appearance and comfort are equally important. You can brighten your horizons, and relax your mind and body at the same time. From a neutral ensemble to bright splashes of color and designs, welcome the season with these 5 ideas for your summer home décor.
- Keep it Light and Bright – Welcome Summer into your home with white and cream palettes, from the walls to the furniture to the bedsheets. The idea is to invite as much light into the room as possible. Swap out your heavier bedding with linen sheets and pillowcases for a breezier look and feel.
- Integrate a Floral Motif – Energizing colors, a mix of patterns, and flowers everywhere—real, painted, and printed—make any room in your home cheerful, bright, and playful.
- Bring a Bar Cart Outside – Since the weather will be warmer, chances are you’ll be doing a lot more entertaining outside, invest in a weather-proof bar cart to store outside!
- Treat Your Windows – The perfect solution to a cool, breezy, summery feel is by taking down heavy curtain treatments and replacing them with airy and fresh flowy ones.
- Fill Your Fireplace – You won’t be getting warm and cozy by the fire for another few months, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy it. Display artwork, arrange flowers, add in shells, pile it up light-colored firewood or light some candles.
Whatever your plans entail this summer, be sure to dress up your indoor and outdoor living space with illustrious, simple updates and seasonal accents. When you follow these tips, you’ll surely brighten the look of your home for the summer season, bring on those summertime feelings, and make relaxing and entertaining, both indoors and outdoors, that much more enjoyable!